- Consumer Credit Counseling Services provides workshops on budgeting and repairing credit problems. They also provide confidential one-on-one credit counseling.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service provides on site nutrition classes. Classes include actual meal preparation and field trips to local supermarkets. Dieticians will provide one-on-one sessions for students if requested. Emphasis is frequently focused on prenatal and infant/child nutrition.
- New Horizons Regional Educational Center (NHREC) provides instructors for the Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) classes. NNRHA also partners with NHREC to provide qualified residents for the Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Trades Program and the Youth Workforce Certified Nurse Aide Program, for individuals between the ages of 18-21.
- Educational Opportunity Center provides skills assessments and career counseling services through Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education.
- Newport News Department of Human Services works closely with FIC staff to meet the needs of residents. Social Services VIEW clients, who are mandated to find employment, are referred to FIC for Assisted Job Search (AJS). Social Workers work with FIC staff to meet any special needs of clients.
- Transition Family Services conducts domestic violence workshops focusing on the various areas of abuse in a family. Transition also offers solutions and support and referral programs to abuse victims.
Clothing Assistance United Way First Call 757-594-4636 Office of Human Affairs Outreach Center 757-244-6121 The William Rattley Road Ahead Center 757-245-6098 Newport News Department of Social Services Denbigh United Christian Outreach 757-877-9079 Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church 757-596-1727 The Salvation Army 757-838-4875 Prescription Assistance Newport News Department of Social Services 757-926-6300 The Salvation Army 757-838-4875 United Way First Call 757-594-4636 Rental Assistance Denbigh United Christian Outreach 757-877-9079 Office of Human Affairs (OHA) 757-244-6121 Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church 757-596-1727 The Salvation Army 757-838-4875 Shelter P.O.R.T. 757-595-1953 United Way First Call 757-594-4636 Utility Cut-Off Fuel/Crisis Assistance 757-926-6601 United Way First Call 757-594-4636